To drive participation, education and innovation in the South Australian Show Movement and local rural communities for young people involved and with and interest in South Australian rural enterprises, activities and lifestyles.
To increase general public awareness of agriculture and provide professional networking for young people involved in agriculture, rural communities and agricultural shows.
The South Australian Agricultural Shows Next Generation Group is targeted at young males and females between 16 and 40 years of age living in South Australia.
The group has been established to:
- Increase the awareness of opportunities for rural and non rural people through their participation in all aspects of country shows and the Royal Adelaide Show.
- Provide pathways for succession planning and leadership developing in the show movement.
- Develop and maintain networking opportunities for the target group.
- Educate and inform the general public about the importance of:
- Rural and agricultural enterprise, activities and lifestyles;
- Food production and security;
- Natural resource management;
- Employment and career opportunities in the rural sector.
- Bring new ideas and challenge the target group to develop and promote innovative activities
Membership with Next Generation is open to young people aged between 16 and 40 years from South Australia.
12-month membership cost is $20.00 (GST inclusive), covering the financial year 1st July to 30th June.
Young Farmer Challenge
The Young Farmer Challenge originated in the eastern states of Australia as an initiative of the RAS Youth Group and was officially launched at the Sydney Royal Easter Show in 2009.
The SA Next Generation Group has taken on the YFC concept and is looking to drive the challenge to Country Shows state-wide with aspiration to hold a state final at the Royal Adelaide Show.
What is the YFC?
The YFC has been designed to promote excellence in farming and rural community spirit by showcasing the involvement of youth in Agriculture. The challange intends to showcase the skills, equipment and techniques used by farmers in everyday field activities through a series of challenges which must be completed in the fastest time and with the highest precision.
Examples of challenges include: sheep drenching, transferring a pile of dirt, hay stacking, setting up a portable electric fence, bag stitching of chaff, mending a pair of pants whilst being worn, kicking a footy and many more!
Want to hold a YFC at your SA Country Show?
- Download the YFC information pack for more information.
- Shows holding a YFC must advise the SA Next Generation group.
- Next Gen can help set up and coordinate the YFC at your Show or provide direction where needed.
More information & downloads
Competition forms & documents for your event
>> Example flyer (can be used as a template)
>> Challenge Sheet
>> Team Registration/Expression Form
>> Official Score Sheet
>> Steward Score Sheet
>> Participant Indemnity Waiver Form
For more information and assistance contact
Next Gen via email or call (08) 8210 5231.
You must advise Next Gen if you are holding a YFC at your show.
Next Gen's biennial Boots and Black Tie Ball is the premier networking event for young professionals in the agriculture industry in South Australia